Key professional position tasked with helping to build out and manage the operational infrastructure needed to support a rapidly growing fundraising department. The Operations Manager will work with monastics, employees, and volunteers in a variety of capacities to ensure a harmonious and efficient operational interface between the department and other areas of the organization.
This position is remote. Preference will be given to candidates within commuting distance of the SRF International Headquarters in Los Angeles or the SRF Bay Area Temple in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- The Operations Manager will help hire, train, and review the work of other staff in the department.
- Train, supervise, and review the work of volunteers.
- In coordination with the Department leadership, oversees financial reporting, database management, and various administrative functions related to ensuring the use of accurate, comprehensive data to enhance SRFs fundraising and donor engagement strategies.
- Responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and best practices that enhance the delivery of a high level of donor care and services.
- Ensures the efficient and accurate administration of gift receipting, processing, reporting, and analysis. Works with other departments to maintain data harmony across multiple systems.
- Works closely with Department leadership to provide fundraising projections and strategies for individual, corporate, and foundation giving related to key campaigns and initiatives.
- Responsible for building data insight strategies that: provide profiles of prospective donors; gather important impact related data; and identify trends and patterns for future fundraising efforts.
- Oversees the Department’s use of Microsoft Dynamics CRM; monitors/reconciles data from multiple SRF revenue sources; produces reports and dashboards for tracking key performance indicators (KPIs); and collaborates with Digital Services and Membership Services to ensure accurate records.
- Provides regularly scheduled reports and updates for SRF leadership on revenue performance, highlighting key trends, variances, and action plans.
- Oversees Department’s efficient use of project management and filing system tools, including providing staff training and implementing improvements in the systems over time.
- Helps to hire staff and oversees onboarding and training.
- Responsible to follow SRF’s policies and established processes.
- Other position-related tasks, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in field is required.
- Three to five years’ progressively responsible work experience in fundraising/development operations required.
- Relevant experience in a nonprofit, multicultural and/or global organization preferred.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, customer-service, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact with SRF leadership, team members, donors, and volunteers at a variety of levels with integrity and professionalism.
- Must show initiative, self-motivation, and attention to detail with the ability to manage and follow through on multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs quickly and easily.
- Must be highly resourceful and work collaboratively in a strong team environment in a virtual office setting while also working independently.
- Proficient and nimble in the use of a variety of software applications like the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, Outlook, Dynamics, etc.) as well as database and project management software is required.
- This position is remote. Preference will be given to candidates within commuting distance of the SRF International Headquarters in LA or the SRF Bay Area Temple in the SF Bay Area.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on workload and deadlines.
- Satisfactory completion of organization’s background investigation.
- Must sign an employee confidentiality agreement.
- Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration.
- Required Travel: 0 – 20%
Local candidates only. No reimbursement for relocation cost offered for this position.
We offer a competitive benefits package that features a variety of insurance coverage choices including group medical, dental, life insurance, a retirement plan and much more. We also provide paid sick, vacation and holiday time.
Salary Range: $76,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted through May 19. No phone calls please.